gaminginc., 333 King St. E.
10 am – 4 pm
What’s this all about anyway?
To put it simply, First Person Show (FPS) is a meet & greet show & tell for the video game, VFX and animation communities in Ontario. Exhibitors will be provided with space and screens to show off their latest projects, with the option of public play and interaction. Come and mingle with the amazing brains that make up Toronto – and Ontario’s talent pool.
Who is the audience?
FPS is open to the general public, students and industry professionals. It will be a free event for all attending and all taking part. We will be promoting it heavily as a key feature of Digifest. We want everyone to know about the great talent that exists, right here, in Ontario.
Where’s the space?
FPS is happening on the 6th floor of 333 King Street East, in the same building as the new George Brown College incubator, gaminginc., and game development classrooms. Right now we’ve got plenty of room for lots of applicants to show their stuff in the 6th floor classrooms, and if we need to, we will spill over to the 5th floor and take up those classrooms as well.
Exhibitors: Wrapped up in NDAs?
We know how it is. You’re working on amazing stuff but you can’t share it with anyone. What do we do? We are more than happy to still provide space for you, and find a way to work around this problem. Perhaps you have some screenshots that you can share, or at the very least company info. We’ll work with you to help get the word out about your projects.
What’s in it for exhibitors?
We know how it goes. You see an event like this and your first thought is “What’s the cost?” and the great thing about this event is that it’s free! We want to give an equal opportunity to the indie folks making games / animating in their basements as well as the big companies in those fancy open-concept studios and so on. Why? To take networking one step further than hanging out and talking about the games you make. At FPS you get a spot to also show off the stuff you make. It’s a place to come together with other developers and show off how great you all are!
Here’s a break-down of how to get involved:
- Fill in the application below to be a part of FPS. All applicants will have to be approved by the Digifest team.
- Once approved, space will be available on a first come, first serve basis.
- You will have access to *table space (part of the GBC classrooms) and 1-2 computers (Mac/PC hybrids).
- Use this space to show off your latest product(s), have a home base for the weekend to meet and greet other companies and the general public, plus have space for marketing materials you want to bring.
- Your company info will be featured in our web and print advertising.
- While you don’t have to have someone on site the entire weekend, it’s in your best interests to have a representative around at all times to get the most out of your meeting and your greeting!
*Final specs TBD