As part of their involvement in this year’s Digifest, OCADU’s South Campus will host a 1-day academic conference on Saturday 29th October 2011. All Our Digital Futures takes as inspiration the Digifest themes of play, touch, build and watch.
Creativity is the source of all innovation. It is the convergence of original thinking, theoretical knowledge, creative practice and business acumen on display here and now in Ontario that makes Digifest possible. This event hopes to bring together academics and artists to develop and share new knowledge; whether practice-based, applied, theoretical or conceptual. The one-day event will bring together theorists from across the city and beyond to develop thinking around the Digifest themes of play, touch, build and watch. A common connection across these areas will be in how digital creativity is manifest through these core human actions.
Topics may include (but are in no way limited to):
- Digital media and identity
- DIY practices, hacking and the maker movement
- Game studies; specifically games as art, research and play
- Innovation and sustainability in the digital age
- Mobile media, location-based gaming and ARGs
- Redefining citizenship
- Technologies for the future / Digital artifacts from the future
- The digital beyond the screen
- The player in the digital age
We invite abstracts of between 250-500 words on current and ongoing digital research. The conference seeks to share research approaches, methods and findings with colleagues across the region. We are interested in an interdisciplinary dialogue and an open agenda. Collaboration grows from taking time to get to know each other’s work and it is our hope that this is well served by an inclusive single-track rapid-fire research paper presentation and discussion session. It is this investment in knowledge and collaboration that feeds the creation of all our digital futures.
- 1st September 2011 – Abstract deadline
- 1st October 2011 – Paper notification
Please submit abstracts via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.